Jonjo Shelvey says Rafa Benitez would be Newcastle's 'most i

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    القراءة حق للجميع Index du Forum // Avant de poster // هام جدا !!! انتقال المنتدى إلى عنوان جديد
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
chanoudom

MessagePosté le: 09/05/2018 08:06:56    Sujet du message: Jonjo Shelvey says Rafa Benitez would be Newcastle's 'most i Répondre en citant
Jonjo Shelvey says Rafa Benitez would be Newcastle's 'most important signing of summer'

maxbet Jonjo Shelvey believes Rafa Benitez would be the “most important signing of the summer” if he could be persuaded to stay at Newcastle. The Magpies were hovering around the relegation places earlier in the season but Benitez - whose contract has just over a year to run - has guided them up the table to safety and Shelvey has paid tribute to the positive effect he has brought to St James' Park. "Hopefully the manager will stay and we can keep building. I think that would be the most important signing of the summer is we could make Rafa stay," he told Sky Sports News.

"He's turned the club around. When I first came here, there wasn't really a link between the fans and the players. Now there is such a buzz in Newcastle. "He's got this aura about him. If you look at his CV, it speaks for itself. You just want to keep learning from him. You just need to be like a sponge and take it all in." Shelvey also noted the difference in Benitez's approach to adversity compared to other managers, citing the example of how he reacted when Newcastle went in at half-time two down away to Watford on Saturday. maxbet

"We were losing 2-0 at half-time the other day and in other dressing rooms I've been in, I would think 'we're going to get one here at half-time', but he just stayed calm," added Shelvey. "I think that transferred onto the pitch in the second half, we were a different team. That shows a lot about him as a character." Shelvey's season started in disastrous fashion, as he was red-carded in the 2-0 defeat at home to Tottenham after he trod on Dele Alli's ankle in front of the referee. That left the midfielder fearing the worst when he next reported for training but his manager's reaction to his dismissal was again telling.

"I sent a text to him and some of my team-mates when I got home, just apologising," said Shelvey. "The next day I came into training and he put his arm around me and said 'just forget about it, let's move on and keep pushing towards where we know you can get to.' "I could have found myself training with the younger lads but luckily for me, I have a manager who trusts me, has faith in me and knows I can play good football." Fast forward to the closing stages of the season and Shelvey's impressive form has seen him mentioned as a possible inclusion in England's World Cup squad. maxbet
Publicité

MessagePosté le: 09/05/2018 08:06:56    Sujet du message: Publicité
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
chanoudom

MessagePosté le: 10/06/2018 03:06:39    Sujet du message: Middlesbrough's Dael Fry completes an 'amazing' medal treble Répondre en citant
Middlesbrough's Dael Fry completes an 'amazing' medal treble as England win in Toulon

แทง บอล สด 'My aim was to perform well, win the tournament and get back up to full fitness for pre-season,' declares a delighted Fry. Goal hero Dael Fry has completed an “amazing” international treble after helping England Under-21s win the Toulon Tournament in France. The Middlesbrough defender was a member of the team that won the Under-17 European Championships in Malta four years ago.

Then, last summer, he picked up a Under-20 World Cup winner's medal in Korea. Now he's added another medal to that growing collection and he's still two month's shy of his 21st birthday. Not only did the talented Teessider play in every minute of every match in France, he scored two goals, including the equaliser against Mexico in Saturday's final. England fell behind to Roberto Alvarado's second minute strike at the Stade Francis Turcan, in Martigues.

แทง บอล สด Thirty minutes later Aidy Boothroyd's Young Lions drew level when Fry latched onto a loose ball and fired home after the Mexican keeper has failed to hold a Jake Clarke-Salter long throw. The winner came in the 36th minute when Kieron Dowell converted an Eddie Nketiah cross. Fry spoke exclusively to Teesside Live about his experiences in France with England and it's fair to say he's loved every minute of the tournament.

“It's gone very well, it's been amazing to be part of this competition with England,” he said. “We've won the tournament for the past two years and the aim has been to make it three in a row. It's been nice to get the opportunity to do that again. “I was with England when we won in 2014 and we've also won the World Cup. When the lads got the win in the final in Korea it was a massive, massive moment.

“I've been delighted to play every single minute of every single game here,” he added. “My aim was to perform well, win the tournament and get back up to full fitness for pre-season.” Fry will now take a well-earned break before reporting back for pre-season training at Rockliffe Park when he'll try to build on his outstanding display for Boro in the play off semi-final second leg at Aston Villa.

แทง บอล สด Before then he can reflect on a job well done in France and some special memories to treasure when his winds down next week. “Singing the national anthem was a proud moment and seeing your family in the crowd is special,” he said, looking back on the highlights of his time in France.
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: 19/09/2018 11:07:32    Sujet du message: Jonjo Shelvey says Rafa Benitez would be Newcastle's 'most i
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    القراءة حق للجميع Index du Forum // Avant de poster // هام جدا !!! انتقال المنتدى إلى عنوان جديد Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
alexisBlue v1.2 // Theme Created By: Andrew Charron // Icons in Part By: Travis Carden